Vehicle Tag Office
Tag Office Staff and Customer
The Miami Tribe of Oklahoma established the Miami Tribal Tax Commission for the purpose of establishing Tribal Tax Codes and for the administration of the Nation's motor vehicle tag office. Miami Nation changed the name of the Tax Commission to Miami Business and Regulatory Commission (MBRC) in 2005. The commission retained the responsibility of issuing vehicle tags and collection of sales tax on goods sold on tribal trust lands, and also began assessing sales tax and other associated taxes from tribal gaming operations.
The MBRC serves as the Vehicle Tag Office for the Peoria Tribe and the Modoc Tribe and issues tags to enrolled members of those Nations. The MBRC accepts credit and/or debit cards. When registering or renewing a vehicle by mail, complete the Credit Card Authorization Form and include it when mailing other required information. This form must be submitted before your request can be processed.
The following items must be presented for vehicle registration:
- Oklahoma Drivers License
- Original title (properly signed over)
- Current insurance verification on the vehicle
- Tribal Membership Card (Not CDIB)
- Lien information (including Lien Entry Form, If Applicable)
- Bill of Sale
The following items must be presented to obtain a renewal-registration:
- Current insurance verification for the vehicle
- Drivers License if it has been renewed since the last time you registered the vehicle Mail-in Fees: New tags and renewals will be sent via certified mail. See fees at bottom.
Notice: Peoria and Modoc Tribal Members
- When calling for a quote, please have the factory delivered price and year of the vehicle.
Notice: Miami Tribal Members:
- When calling for a quote, please have the actual purchase price and the year of the vehicle.
- Mail In Fees New Tags: $8.00
- Renewal: $6.00
- Other Associated Fees Lien Entry Fee: $10.00
- Replacement Title Fee: $10.00
- Make checks payable to MBRC. No exceptions.
The MBRC Vehicle License/Tag Office is located on the EAST side of Miami Nation Headquarters, 202 S. Eight Tribes Trail Miami, OK 74354. (Formerly the main entrance of Headquarters.)
Office Hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (closed for lunch from 12-1 p.m.) Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.